Nose Drop Precautions
Here are some precautions to consider when using nose drops:
- Follow the instructions provided on the label or by your healthcare provider carefully.
- Wash your hands before and after using the nose drops.
- Do not touch the dropper tip to your nose or any other surface, as this can contaminate the medication.
- Lie down or tilt your head back slightly while administering the nose drops.
- Gently blow your nose to clear your nostrils before using the drops.
- Close one nostril by pressing gently with your finger, and then gently squeeze the recommended number of drops into the other nostril.
- Remain in the upright position for a few minutes after administering the drops, to allow them to properly distribute in your nostrils.
- If you are using more than one type of nose drop, wait at least five minutes between administering each type to avoid mixing the medications.